Face ache

Talk about anything here!

Moderators: SiC, JOE, Jamie, Paul, Muppet, Ian

Face ache

Postby mikey » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Is this forum so quiet because of Facebook. Personally I don't do Facebook, Nikki does and every now and then she shows me something but very rarely as I am not interested in Facebook from what I have seen. It's a shame if it's killing off this forum.
Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, live today.
User avatar
mikey
Wanna be chat slut
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Where I park the RV

Postby aogrady » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:21 pm

It's so quiet you can hear the tumbleweed..... :?

I always post when I update my thread, but as there is hardly anyone on, no one comments :(

I don't get much time with familly and work commitments to meet up on the weekly meets and such like, and struggle to get to shows, so this is one of the forums i frequently visit to catch up on what's happening. It'd be nice to see other peoples build threads updated, people local to me i could but a face to.

earlybay forum is the most visited for me, i look at the SSVC and latebay on occasions too.

Dunno if FB is the cause, certainly plenty of traffic on there. How many members are there on here anyway :?:

Cheers,

Alistair
aogrady
waffle gagger
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:50 pm
Location: Barnstaple

Postby muddy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:31 pm

Last Thursday we had a drink at the Pier House.. all 5 of us.. maybe if it was on FB more would have come out? There again who uses the Clubs facebook page?
muddy
Wanna be chat slut
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 7:17 am
Location: Bideford

Postby matt69bay » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:35 pm

muddy wrote:Last Thursday we had a drink at the Pier House.. all 5 of us.. maybe if it was on FB more would have come out? There again who uses the Clubs facebook page?


The usual crowd mate :wink:
It aint an oil leak, it's marking it's spot........
User avatar
matt69bay
Rat Fan
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:02 am
Location: Sticklepath, Barnstaple

Postby funkyfreakapotomus » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:16 am

I look on here every day! I look on the ssvc site everyday too!!

I think people use FB as its easy to upload pictures and it flows better as you get notifications when someone comments!

I mainly use it as I am a stranger to these parts, don't know too many folk here and I keep in touch with family there.

I have noticed that it is quieter on here! Perhaps due to winter??
1964 Canterbury Pitt
1968 Bug (under construction)

Keep it stock
High with pride
User avatar
funkyfreakapotomus
Wanna be chat slut
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:56 am
Location: Bideford

Postby TawCottage » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:11 am

Lin's on facebook purely because we have family all over the place, USA, NZ and Oz, its the quickest/cheapest/best way for her to communicate with them all.

Me, apart from being shown the odd post from FB, I always thought it was a teen thing, you know, I've got more friends than you, so there, type of thing......Its obviously grown in popularity cos a lot of organisations and businesses carry the FB logo in their ads.

Suppose I'll have to join the FB world sooner rather than later. :roll:

Steve
Life is not a rehearsal
Image
User avatar
TawCottage
Chat slut
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Umberleigh

Postby muddy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:39 am

TawCottage wrote:Lin's on facebook purely because we have family all over the place, USA, NZ and Oz, its the quickest/cheapest/best way for her to communicate with them all.

Me, apart from being shown the odd post from FB, I always thought it was a teen thing, you know, I've got more friends than you, so there, type of thing......Its obviously grown in popularity cos a lot of organisations and businesses carry the FB logo in their ads.

Suppose I'll have to join the FB world sooner rather than later. :roll:

Steve



Then you too can be amazed at how many pussy pictures Mel posts!!! :shock:
muddy
Wanna be chat slut
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 7:17 am
Location: Bideford

Postby GBHgpJON » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:42 am

I cant fail to see the irony in all of this.........anyone else spotted it?.... :lol:
User avatar
GBHgpJON
Seasoned Slat Chut
 
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Barnstaple

Postby Jamie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:24 am

GBHgpJON wrote:I cant fail to see the irony in all of this.........anyone else spotted it?.... :lol:


Yep! The only popular thread on the forum is the one that talks about reasons nobody posts here! :lol:
OG North Devon Society of Air member ~ before computers

M.B.Y.C
User avatar
Jamie
The Jägermaster
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:49 pm
Location: In a beery haze

Postby JOE » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:55 pm

muddy wrote:
TawCottage wrote:Lin's on facebook purely because we have family all over the place, USA, NZ and Oz, its the quickest/cheapest/best way for her to communicate with them all.

Me, apart from being shown the odd post from FB, I always thought it was a teen thing, you know, I've got more friends than you, so there, type of thing......Its obviously grown in popularity cos a lot of organisations and businesses carry the FB logo in their ads.

Suppose I'll have to join the FB world sooner rather than later. :roll:

Steve



Then you too can be amazed at how many pussy pictures Mel posts!!! :shock:



lol i seen em :D
JOE
Water Cooled W.A.N.C.er
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:46 pm
Location: ilfracombe


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron