"BUSTER BO JANGLES"

Post pictures of your VW's here and make sure you include a picture of yourself - Always good to put a name to a face at the meetings.

Moderators: SiC, JOE, Jamie, Paul, Muppet, Ian

Postby jason gallagher » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:34 pm

were you sat in the chop to take that last pic :lol:
all i realy wanted was a hot rod
jason gallagher
Chat slut

Postby BO JANGLES » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:57 pm

jason gallagher wrote:were you sat in the chop to take that last pic :lol:

:lol: No, I was standing on the floorpan & with that high lift body, my head still didn't touch the roof ! :lol: :wink:
BO JANGLES
Trophy Hunter!

Postby jason gallagher » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:31 pm

:shock: what not even with your jedwood style quif :lol:
all i realy wanted was a hot rod
jason gallagher
Chat slut

Postby BO JANGLES » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:21 pm

A bit of an update, a new customers job came into the workshop, so I decided I needed more space, so after finishing the offside sills, I fully bare metalled him on that side & the front panel then sprayed with primer, ready to transport a few miles up the road to my second workshop, which Buster now shares with some good company ...............
& this is the area that is where I'll be making my Bus interiors instead of in my garage at home
here are some mock ups
& then yesterday started cut away the near side sills (crappy phone pics again)
& found alot of the outer sill salvageable, particularly the area where the sill folds on the outer seam
BO JANGLES
Trophy Hunter!

Postby BO JANGLES » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:38 am

:shock: Had a massive day yesterday not only on Buster , but on two Splits as well, we started early & by 9am a local blaster arrived to clean up the buses, we carefully got the first Splitty outside & mounted it onto a new rotissory, having not used it before we held our breaths as it took the weight and turned, but we needn't have worried, it did the job brilliantly. Next was Busters turn, he was still on his wheels, so we rolled him outside & the blaster attacked him from above first, the fact that I haven't put either the cargo floor or the main floor in , was always the plan to enable him to get to everywhere properly. :shock: After that was done we raised him on a telehandler which scared me a little but again no dramas and definately the best way to get good access from the underside. :shock: Lastly was the turn of the Samba, which is free of sides, floor, beams etc so looked a little fragile, but was fine & all buses were really well sorted. Once we had got them all back inside , i set about covering all the bare metal with etch primer until the paint ran out , so will return this morning to finish the job. The blasting on Buster revealed a couple of areas that needed work that I hadn't seen, so a job well done as better to find now , than later. 8)
Nice & clean
A little bit of extra work here & under the windscreen :roll:
So overall really pleased & astounded at the amount of work we got through.
BO JANGLES
Trophy Hunter!

Postby caveman » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:08 am

looking good mate, reminds me of a 40k from new early crew cab i went to look at a few years back , he said it was "soild mate ill take £400" i turned up it was rotten as a pear when i checked the sills they fell away in my hands the windscreen was shot the bed was gone as was most of everything i looked at lol

i asked him if after the 40k miles it had been parked in a feild? he said YES!! lol i didnt buy it as it really was no better than scrap and instead i bought a late bay westy for £300 lol those were the days!!
caveman
Chat slut

Postby BO JANGLES » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Mines only got 30k on it thats why its so solid ................. it is honest :lol: :lol:
BO JANGLES
Trophy Hunter!

Postby caveman » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:59 pm

ha ha mine was far far worse if you tried to pick it up with a massive electro magnet it wouldnt have stuck! lol
caveman
Chat slut

Postby BO JANGLES » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:18 pm

I've recently taken over the complete unit I've been sharing for the last couple of years, with Jase & Gary, as I needed more room for my business, www.facebook.com/resto.haus & I moved Buster & a customers LEB, so I can move forward with them both.
It was pretty tight in there, whilst I was getting the Ghia ready for sale, but its now gone to a happy new only now,
[URL=http://s265.photobucket.com/user/BO-JANGLES_photos/media/buster/workshop135_zpsa0d7d87f.jpg.html][IMG]
BO JANGLES
Trophy Hunter!

Postby JOE » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:35 pm

great work bob :D :D
JOE
Water Cooled W.A.N.C.er

Postby funkyfreakapotomus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Loving this thread!!
1964 Canterbury Pitt
1968 Bug (under construction)

Keep it stock
High with pride